lies just off the A9 trunk road which used to run through the village, but
now bypasses it.
Blackford has been a stopping place
on the journey north for a look time! Scotland's first public brewery was
opened here using water from a renowned spring and James IV visited here
in 1488 to sample their ale. The present Tullibardine malt whisky distillery
was built on the site of the former Sharp's Brewery. Blackford also quenches
the thirst of many by being the location of the Highland Spring water and
its bottling plant.
The nearby world famous hotel, Gleneagles
with its fine golf courses, opened in 1924.
Blackford is now the location of the
Eaglesgate Retail Village which has a variety of retail outlets, two cafés
and includes Tullibardine Distillery & Baxter's Visitor Centres.